Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Speedo not working

MikeW

Speedo stopped working during the Cadwell track day. I assumed the cable had snapped but when I got under the car today the 90 deg elbow that attached to the gearbox had come off. The cable is still OK and attached to the elbow BUT I don't know whether there is some sort of drive between the elbow and the gearbox connection. I tried scewing the elbow back on but it doesn't work so can only assume I've lost something. Can anybody help?

Thanks

MikeW

1600 VX Black/Ali Race No 134

Membership No 6582

Mike,

There is a small lenght of drive spindle that fits between the gearbox and the elbow. Its about 1 1/2 inches long and made out of something similar to the inner cable but square in section on both ends.

I don't know if you can buy them from Caterham but I am sure something could be made.

Andy

I'm having a similar problem

But on my 21 it's the elbow which deosn't want to stay connected to the gearbox.

The washer doesn't want to stay in it's grove.

I believe i might have lost this little spindle.

How can i cure this problem?

Cheers

Jack

Spoke to Caterham today. Replacement spindle on its way *thumbup* at a cost of £1 *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup*

Probably dealt with the spares dept about 8 times in as many months and they have always been very good, had what I needed in stock and not badly priced.

Thumbs up from me *thumbup* 😬

MikeW

1600 VX Black/Ali Race No 134

Membership No 6582