Click here if you are having website access problems ×

GOGs v UTs: BBC issues supplemental IQ test

In view of the excellent scores achieved by blatchatters in the national IQ test, the BBC has issued 2 supplemental questions, to sort the wheat from the chaff. Given the weight of intellect wielded by blatchatters, question 1 is not a traditional multiple choice question, but instead calls for a more difficult discussion paper. However, since some issues are tricky for even the mightiest of intellects, question 2 follows the multiple choice format.

Question 1 Irony, sarcasm, the use of wit to raise tricky questions: what's that all about then?

Question 2 Someone says something that unintentionally causes upset, and subsequently apologises. Should you:

(a) say "OK mate, apology accepted, let's move on"

(b) make a light-hearted comment to defuse any remaining tension, and move on

© say nothing more, but move on

(d) chuck in a gratuitous personal insult - isn't that what a huge IQ is for? Time it at 0:44 to show that it's never too late to kick a man

When you have answered both questions, you should award yourself an IQ of 157.

Pat and his not quite black and white cat

It is all sorted now *smile*

Must remember to think before putting finger to keyboard, trouble is I do the same thing with my mouth.... My project manager held up a digram I did yesterday (UML sequence diagram for those who like that kind of thing *smile*) and asked "What do you call this" .... my immediate reply was was "I call it Sunset over Rotherham gasworks". He looked at me like I was mad *confused* ... and filed me under "do not renew contract under any circumstances".

Sounds a bit like my ary medical, although that was "look to the left and cough", he had very cold hands I can tell you, wow, that really takes me back, did I ever tell you about the time in the NCO's mess .........

and then the nun turned out to be RSM Smithers

"UML distilled" by Fowler for a good intro. The SAMS "teach yourself ... in 24 hours" is OK, but a bit light on the more recent ideas.

"UML components" by Cheesman/Daniels is very good if you are into CBD (or want to be !).

"UML modelling in colour" by Coad is useful if you are more OOAD. Plus it introduces the whole feature-driven bit.

I read a book once, perhaps I'll read another one eventually

I like the idea of learning a new skill from a book, if I read thisone can I try it out on someone from the bikeshed ?

*eek*

If ya' can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all. Thumper

Edited by - paul davis on 12 May 2003 11:59:32

On the other hand I could recommend

Professional UML with Visual Studio .NET: Unmasking Visio for Enterprise Architects ..........

Fooled you...............

or did I............

Paul "who only found out what UML was from FH's link" Davis 😬

If ya' can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all. Thumper