Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Intercom headset comfort

Shaun_E

• Support Team

I tried posting this on Chit Chat but no response so perhaps it should have been posted here.

I have just bought an Autocom intercom system with ear-defender headsets. Although I am pleased with the performance of the system I found that, after a while, the headsets became very uncomfortable, especially while wearing glasses. It seems that the speakers in the ear defenders are mounted very close to the ear and actually press on the ear.

Has anyone who has these had the same problem?

How far back in the headset are your speakers mounted?

Has anyone made any adjustments to their headsets?

I am disappointed by this, especially when I compared them with Peltor headsets - the Peltor ones are in a different league quality wise and the speakers are mounted a long way back in the headset so that they do not press on your ear.

I would like to hear from anyone who owns an Autocom system. I will of course speak with Autocom but I wanted to find out if "they all do that sir".

Apart from that, the Autocom system is very good - the phone performance is excellent.

Shaun

Yellow SL *cool* #32

I saw this n was looking for a responce as Iv already paid for mine n awaiting delivery...

I hope this is not the norm as I always wear glasses when out in the 7..

especally when on a tour.

anyone who wears glasses got anything to add???

Now, Beakie, we'll just flip this switch and 60,000 refreshing volts of electricity will surge through your body. Ready?..

See my CAR here

As supplied the headsets will grip your ears well enough to withstand aeroscreening up to around 120mph - it's easy to tweak the head band a little to relax them a little if you have a windscreen, or drive more slowly.

Miraz

• Support Team

OK I've spoken to Autocom and they say they haven't had any complaints about this before. I've done some investigation into the ear defenders used and Autocom use a Peltor ear defender called the H6 which is the lightest (and therefore slimmest) one that Peltor do. Peltor themselves use the H7 deluxe model as the basis for their intercom headsets - the H7 is heavier but offers more noise attenuation and has deeper cups and thicker pads. I suspect that Alex's point about straightening the wires will have the most impact on comfort but I do think that the speakers are not mounted very well in the cups. Autocom have agreed to recess the speakers a bit more so if I can't improve the fit myself I'll send them back for Autocom to try.

Thanks for your input (and yes I have a windscreen *smile*)

Shaun

Yellow SL *cool* #32