Click here if you are having website access problems ×

New car - help me choose pleeaase!

pussycat

Hi All

Not be on line for a while so hi to those who know me!

I have just got a new contract and thus am going to replace my lovely MX5 of 6 years with???? What????

I want to spend up to 15K - must be 2 seater convertible with a bit of power!! (also a reason for ditching the MX5!)

So, thoughts are Elise, S2000 (yes I may have to find more dosh!), VX220 and then I lose my imagination!

All suggestions welcome!!!

Oh - and must come in a nice colour!! :-)

Cheers

Jane

Hi Rach

I did think about it long and hard - but my new job means driving 90 miles a day down motorway, so I think I need a little more practicality - like a radio I can hear!

Tempting though....:-)

Yes, I suppose that is reasonable excuse *wink*...

I guess the thing to do is go and drive them all and see what you like, I think I would go for an Elise...but that's just me...

Have you started the new job? How's it going?

*wink*

Rach

Ooh that sounds really interesting - good luck *wink*

We were at a Christening on Sunday and ended up sitting outside all day...I forgot to take a hat, so managed to go home with a touch of sunstroke, so we didn't make it on Monday... ☹️

You going to Curborough?

I hear what you are saying Hoopy, but I also have no garage :-( I think 1 7 is enough for us, have to be slightly practical!! ;-)

Rach, I am hoping to get to Curborough, tam and Viv and Sally are all sprinting for the first time I hear, so am going to try and cheer them on!

Edited by - spinner on 6 May 2003 18:46:38

Spinner, you'll be working just over the road from me. If you see a red Superlight tearing up the roundabouts in Bracknell, You ain't seen me, Right?

😬You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same. 😬

Spinner, some friends I have on these here bike sheds - they've forgotten the obvious answer - a 21 *smile* There's one on Findit at the moment (http://www.findit.co.uk/cars/caterham/605515.htm - it's a bit overpriced, but I'm sure you could negotiate.

Enjoy the benefits of a big boot, huge fuel tank, a roof that you can put up from inside the car, a glove box, a courtesy light and, erm, that's about it for practicality.

Honda Passion Orange, 640kg *eek*, and proud of it *smile*

Spinner, I'm seconding the vote for a 21 *smile*

Like Craig said, you get all these wonderful practical benefits, plus a car that is highly desirable

No it's true, I had loads of queries at Stoneleigh as to where/how/how much for a 21.

Go on, you know you want to *wink*

Caterham 21 VHPD *cool* - one of the few *thumbup*

In fact due to a change of plans involving a young lady my 21 is now for sale

We need, erm, room for a pram,errrr

(no not Dave)

There I've said it, I'm gonna be a dad, all those years on a bike saddle didn't do for my tackle 😳

Mr fertile

Well the thought of a 21 did turn me on before, just not sure on price - luckily they all seem to come in nice colours!! :-) Are they practical enough to let me have a good stereo system? How much can I expect to pay and where can i find them!!!!

I did go to try a VX220 - er, being short, they wouldn't let me out in it as I couldn't reach the steering wheel!!!

*confused*

KevSull I will look out for you!! Tony, it is part of the move to Exeter I will be managing for the MET office :-)

Keep the suggestions rolling! Keen to hear more from 21 owners....the truth though, 90 miles a day atleast remember.... *cool*

Spinner, drop a post onto the 21s list, there are several guys on there who use their cars on a daily basis.

Me, I'm a 2 car tart, company rules exclude 2 seater soft tops as company cars

And I think you'll find that whilst all 21s look gorgeous, they look best in metallic burgundy 😬

Caterham 21 VHPD *cool* - one of the few *thumbup*

21s vary from the std factory fit 1.6K SS (140 bhp or so) upto the rare VHPD 21 and then there are the conversions that have been done. eg there's a 200+ bhp VX and modded VHPD (craig's) about. Both will be on the LTL tour....

HOOPY 500 kg (and soon) 200 bhp R706KGU