Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Superlight 1600 for sale

Tom

I am considering selling my beloved car because my newly purchased boat/home looks like it will soon require more finance. This is all very up-setting, but that's life! ☹️

My car was registered in 03/99 (T7 KCP) and has had 3 owners from new. She has a full service history and during my ownership has been maintained, re-built from chassis and upgraded by Hyperion Motorsport. She has done 21k miles, all on the road, has always been garaged and has done most of her mileage in the summer. Sadly, I have never had her on a track day.

She is yellow and has carbon cycle wings and carbon rear wings, and a carbon nose. A 6 speed gearbox, 138bhp 1600 K-Series supersport engine, full service and MOT last month, Up-rated R300 suspension by Jeremy at Hyperion Motorsport, Cloth adjustable seats, 4 point Harnesses, Momo quick release wheel, 13" black/polished rim alloys & AO21R tyres (rears new), Immobiliser, Carbon dash, Black pack, up-shift light, full windscreen and weather equipment plus tonneau cover, FIA roll bar, start button, spare aeroscreen and half-doors, spare alloy wheel and AO21R tyre, detachable roll-bar reinforcement strut for racing, detachable moulded race seat.

This car was stripped to her chassis and rebuilt to a very high standard by Hyperion Motorsport last summer following a well-documented accident last summer - do a search, I'm sure you'll find her. Arch Motors re-jigged the chassis. All bodywork was replaced, as was the carbon nose and all four wings too, two of the wheels were replaced, and the FIA roll-bar was replaced, and the suspension was upgraded to be the same as that of the R300). She has a new clutch-cable and new rear brake pads. In summary, the car is in excellent condition because but for her engine and clutch mileage she is only a year old!

Reduced to £16,000

Edited by - tom on 2 Jun 2003 14:27:01

Nah Nifty,

I would love to keep her, but looks like the time has sadly come when I have to bid her a fond farewell *thumbdown*

Still, I'm secretly hoping nobody wants to buy her! 😬

Tom

Just spent the weekend blatting! 😬 Absolutely amazing fun. Some lucky sod's going to have a blast if they stump up the cash. This car is in top condition, sounds great after her service and I can't believe nobody's snapped this up!

Hey ho, guess I'll just have to keep blatting until someone does! *cool*

But the Caterham specified 1600 superlight is not the same as the race superlight, but in fact nearer to the roadsport !

If it's for track use, you can buy mine with a Brian James trailer and 3 sets of rims / tyres and bells and whistles for 14 K :-)

Edited by - Jason Bew on 29 May 2003 17:18:21

Boy, there a so many people trying to sabotage the sale of this vehicle! *mad* This is a special car, goes quickly, and looks fantasticly good! 😬

Anybody who is interested in knowing more about my car is welcome to ring me on 07931 927610. I'll be happy to chat to you. Or you can email. *smile*

Superlight 1.6

Yellow and Black

The only way to beeeeeeee...

...oh dear......

I shall amend the advert for the benefit of those who may be interested in buying her.

My car was rebuilt from scratch with brand-new parts following an unfortunate accident last year.

I had originally advertised the full details but felt it gave the car a very unfair tarnish because a lot of people immediately recoil from a car which has been in an accident *eek* when in fact the car is in better condition than it was when I bought it 20 months ago because of the accident!! *cool*

Superlight 1.6

Yellow and Black

I will second this.

I've seen Tom's car at our area meetings and it looks superb, unless he mentioned it you would have no idea it had been rebuilt. All the body / chassis repairs were done at Arch and the result is as good as new.

In case you dont know Arch are the people who build the chassis for Caterham in the first place and are the only authorised chassis repairers. The quality of their work is excellent, you only have to do a search on here to find that out. Reparing a 7 isnt like repairing a tintop because of the tubular chassis, everything can be stripped down replaced.

You may also be surprised at the number of 7's which have been repaired, there are a lot of them around.

If you want an idea of what goes on when a car gets rebuilt click on the link in my signature below, my rebuild was more extensive than Tom's and everyone who has seen my car will testify how good a job has been done on it.

Nick

P8MRA - Red and Black 1.6K supersport, back on the road at last. See pictures of it being rebuilt here

The only photos I have on the internet are the ones I posted following the crash last year - not the best advert! 😬

I could send a photo through the snail mail if you're interested, or I could try and upload something asap.

Tom

Superlight 1.6

Yellow and Black