Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Oil Pressure Sender Needed

Bilbo

Hi all

My oil pressure gauge has started over reading on my dry sump system. Its now 2 to 10 bar. Instead of the normal 0.75 at idle and 4.5/5 bar in anger.

However, the advance early warning 25 psi lights now on at 2.5 bar (35 psi g). So what's most likely sender or gauge ? Its a 10 bar VDO at both ends.

Its not a loose wire, well none I have found. Its off to the 7 Workshop on Wednesday for a carb set up/RR and I would like to fix it before then. Anyone in the Beckenham Kent area have a 10 bar pressure sender I could borrow tomorrow to fault find. 🤔

'Can you hear me running' ......... OH YES and its music to my ears 😬 😬 😬

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.

Bilbo

have got a sender here in Reading, probably a bit far! but worth checking the earth to the engine, had the same problem on mine which was cured by replacing the main earthing strap, test using a jump lead from battery negative to block to see if the problem goes away.

Mark

Cheers Mark

Bit TOO far

But the earth is a good idea I had already cleaned the earth strap up to the engine but may be its the other end to the body. Give it a go err.............. later today

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.

Edited by - bilbo on 5 May 2003 01:12:28

Hi Mark

Well I cleaned all the connections pressure dropped to 1.57 bar idle 6 bar max so big improvment

Took the sensor out pushed some oil through result 0.75 bar idle 4.5 bar max.

Cleaning the earth to the frame definatly helped, may be the oil in the line to the sensor had gone a little thicker.

Thanks for the tip *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup*