Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Quaife Ital bits?? n other Q's

Chris K

anyone had experiance good or bad with the new quaife half shafts and flanges??? 312+Tonys doesnt seem tooo much for piece of mind.

thinking about swaping over to these n wanted to ask if there is anything I might have overlooked...

are they actually any better than the OEM/caterham parts??

does the new flange appear to resolve the bearing takking/shimming issue???

any recomendations for replacement shoes for the ital??? from where??

Im running EBC Green on the front, A021Rs 99% road use.

ta

Chris

Now, Beakie, we'll just flip this switch and 60,000 refreshing volts of electricity will surge through your body. Ready?..

See my CAR here

Does this now mean that we can put 200bhp through the diff with some reliability??? I can't really think what else would break (I have an LSD)...I know someone mentioned the CWP, but I think it is extremely unlikely to break the gears, in my experience it is oil surge, not power that cooks these.

I am keen to hear your thoughts on this, as my (soon to be) monster Zetec will go in the car and I would rather keep the existing diff, rather than go to an English axle.

Im am unsure about the diff... I had just assumed that 160 would be OK through the Std diff...

is this not correct.. should I now start worring abou teh diff?? has anyone got information about exploding diffs through over power...

ta

Chris

Now, Beakie, we'll just flip this switch and 60,000 refreshing volts of electricity will surge through your body. Ready?..

See my CAR here

• 2 weeks later...

Iv spoken to Mik at Quaife n he is making a 2nd batch of the new half shafts later this week but he wouldnt take my order till he has made them n made sure he is happy with them..

(the first batch were slightly out of tolerance)

Chris

See my CAR here