Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Starter button

pie_boy69

Keith,

Have a look back in August postings, there was one called, I think, 'Starter Button - Jobs a goodun' or something similar. It describes in detail the connections to make and no it doesn't screw up the immobiliser. I used this to fit starter button to mine recently, it works a treat and looks real cooooooool.

Brent

I fitted the R 500 type starter button to my 'K' a while back and it's worth the effort. I cheated and wrote down the wiring on at a (Tony Isherwood) organised Caterham factory tour. It made sense at the time!!!! Speak to one of the guys 'on-the-line' and they'll explain what goes where. My imobiliser is a 'Vecta' type; no probs!

Did not enjoy cutting the hole through the leather clad dash! Lots of "what will it look like here ?" positioning done. Used a sticky label cut to the right circumference; stuck it where it looked right/balanced, then stuck head up behind dash or had a feel to see what was going to be in the way!!! Paid dividends, you only get one go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luckthumbsup.gif

Yer right. Too much salt on these roads to drive the Seven too much at present.

EB. My car's got 40,000 miles on the clock; yours?

Leather dash (& whip; ooh err), seats, wilton carpets edged in leather of course (inc. the boot!). All part of the Oxted trimming Co's "S" type interior. They can't afford to offer it as an option now 'cos cost was obscene in '93 let alone now!

Chris

I see it all now you are obviously about to 'Come out' re your desire to upgrade to a 'Zetec'. Your story about 'I have a friend who wants to install one' was just designed to mislead me. You don't need to be in denial any longer, you are amongst friends here. Just go ahead and admit it and to hell with the consequences!

Your friend & counsellor

Brent