Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Membeship ???

Dickie Normuss

Right you lot!

You seem like my kinda peeps but there only seems to be a few here who inhabit this area away from "the grown ups" 😬 I would like to join, is there a membership fee, fitness test, confidentiality clause to sign etc etc 🤔 Also, could you bring me upto speed on the following things?

-why the universal war on various foods, esp cucumber?

-what does GOG stand for

-does boonie work as a typist (you're always on here!)

-if I join your crusade against normalness will I be shunned by others?

Thank you for bringing my life enlitenment. I have been your captain for this post. Please return seat backs and tray tables to their upright positions. The emergengy exits are

here

here

and here.

😬

Seek forgiveness, not permission.

Is it easy to rob a bank and get away with it???

A GOG is a grumpy old git. A GOG is generally intolerant of UTs, or unfunny tossers, what be us.

The war against cucumbers, increased popularisation of the bikesheds and terming of GOGs and UTs are all related. Very simply there was a big barny because of the number / nature of postings upstairs, some people got upset and others ran away to mock from afar.

Miss Fullharness kindly allows us to cohabit down here where we enjoy pointless wibble that doesn't upset those upstairs.

Peardrop

Edited by - Peardrop on 30 Apr 2003 23:44:01

GOGs - Grumpy Old Gits

Not so much a crusade against normalness, merely a realization that normalness is a crutch for those who can't handle excesive amounts of wibble, that and we're happier playing with people of our own mental age 😬 (and I use the term 'mental' advisedly *wink*

PS, think you will find FH quite secure in her sexuality and she will only lightly roast your parsnip *eek*

Guess that 'seek forgiveness...' line comes in real handy real often?

Edited by - allen on 1 May 2003 00:55:16

This reminds me of something I keep meaning to ask - in the interests purely of researching the heritage of the bikesheds, any chance of some links to the old posts that started the GOG/UT divide? As I sometimes can't resist the temptation to intervene in the grown-up world (it must be the E-numbers in those Fruit Shoots I drink), I'd like to know the dangers I face ...

Pat and his not quite black and white cat

AAARGGGGGGGG

AARRRRRRRRRR

YYYEEEEAAAARRRRRRRR

GGGRRAAAARRRRGGGHHHHH

HHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA

*smile*

WeLcOmE tO ThE bIkEsHeD

he he he he he he he he he.........

PARSNIPS!!! Did someone mention PARSNIPS???

nurse...Nurse!...NURSE!!!!

(shhh, listen.. "The more precisely the POSITION is determined, the less precisely the MOMENTUM is known")

😬You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same. 😬

If you want to find out the reasons that led to the founding of the bikeshed, you should probably search the archive using - cucumber, dusk, hijack, unfuuny and tossers as your search terms, I also seem to recall a thread entitled dusk of blatchat...

Beware though it does not make pleasant reading for all us young bikeshed folk *eek* *wink*

As for membership of the 'shed...there is no initiation as such. As long as you can cope with Hoopy wibble and you have some strong feelings about cucumber, are not a GOG (either love it or hate it 😬) and make sure that you don't hijack people when they are genuinely testing (because Mr Barry might get upset and kick us all out - and we really don't want that) then you will be most welcome here in the bikesheds - welcome! *wink*

Rach

*wink* Harriers Make Me Happy *wink*

TYPIST *mad* - have you seen my spolling 🤔 and bid grammor 😬

I'm just lonely - no one plays with me - I like the dark you see, the sound of nails on blackboard is music to my ears.

No one ever proved the whole puppy incident - but after that no one comes to call anymore......my preciooouuuussss 😳

You really should find the thread that started it all .... the one where Rach offers to buy Paul's children ... I think it started life as a "what the postman brough/LowFLying" thread" and became somewhat hijacked .... 😬

Do you share a hate for Cucumber ric 🤔

ps Welcome to the wonderful world of wibble 😬

S713UMY

1.8K Viper Blue and Black

Edited by - abirtwisle on 1 May 2003 12:48:24

By the way, before any offence is taken, I was not making any reference to Paul's kids in particular (I don't know them!) 😳 😳 😳 😳 😳

It was merely disbelief that anyone would not offload their kids on another carer for free

Pat and his not quite black and white cat

I need the money, it was either the kids or the Seven, I'm sure they'll be very happy in the labs at GSK in Stevenage having drugs tested on them.

It would have worked too if Crickers hadn't bugged the wrong house *mad*

The jungle took him

Parp

Ooops

😬This is just what I need after a pants day at work *thumbup* I can't be a GOG because, well, I'm not grumpy and I'm certainly not old!

I too share this universal hate of cucumbers, what a pointless food 🙆🏻 Do they glow if you pass mains electricity through them like marrows do? Could we make an electric chair for them *eek* I'm sure westfield use them as driveshafts *eek*

Seek forgiveness, not permission.

Is it easy to rob a bank and get away with it???