Click here if you are having website access problems ×

FAME AT LAST

I agree Noger - spare a thought for the rest of us couch potatoes.

Although Hoopy I need your help - I've just agreed to run the London Marathon with some of my colleagues. I need some serious motivation and a training programme - in fact I could have done with starting about 4 years ago.

you really want to do about three runs a week. two at half distance and one at full distance. the full distance should increase by about 20% each week. You want to spend the last two weeks only doing short runs though, and the month before that running about 20 miles for the long runs. Just build up the distances and don't worry about the speed.

I still don't know how you manage to run FURTHER than 20 miles in one go though *confused*

HOOPY 500 kg (and soon) 200 bhp R706KGU

I see it as a way of returning the man my wife first met. Used to run mountain marathons (two day events about 15 miles a day over hill and dale with rucksack and compass).

But met Mrs B - suddenlty running wasn't that important and eating in with her was - hence now being a bit of a bloater ☹️

Must admit I never got over 20 miles without having to have a walk. Now 2 miles is a bit daunting.

If only I could download virtual lungs and knees *smile*

Thanks for the advice - I know I ain't going to look anything as healthy as you did from the pics. *thumbup*

Lets hope I get a place