Click here if you are having website access problems ×

YOUR HELP NEEDED

Boonie Hound

Mrs B has given me the go ahead to splash my birthday cash (around £200) on some sort of driving experience involving a Caterham.

This could be:

hiring one

Trackday

Driver Tuition (just did a driving course and loved it - would like to go for Advanced certificate)

Or anything similar

I would like to try and include Mrs B as this may tempt her in letting me buy a Se7en eventually

Any thoughts and suggestions are gratefully received.

I would post this upstairs but I would like to hear the thoughts and humour of fellow shedders before I brave the bigger children.

If you want to hire, go have a word with the boys at Millwood. Top guys, very enthusiastic, and when I hired there was no silly 80mile limit that Caterham stick to.

They're based in Gloucster, so there's a fantastic scope for blatting through Mid Wales, the best roads in the whole world for blatting!!

😬You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same. 😬

Easy.

Take Mrs B to a classy eaterie.

Splash out on her with beautiful flowers, good food, fine wines.

Tell her how much you love her.

Then just when the moment's right, tell her how much you'd love a 7.

Job done *thumbup*

Ross

Very Black 6spd SuperSport *wink*

£200..

*idea*You can never go wrong with....

A weekend in Whitby and 100 chip butties.

A weekend in Nottingham and 100 Chip cobs

A tour of Lancs and 100 Chip Barms

A weekend in Beautifull Northumberland and 100 chip stotties

Got to be better than heading south and spending it on Olive and sun-dried tomato Chiabattas with Sauteed Pomme de-terre in London.

Erm... have I gone off topic 😳

Mark

My Caterham Silver Jubilee No. 7 is here with Mavis, under 'Mark's Cars'.

Birthday money on your 30th you say...hmmmmm. After all those years of depreciation it's probably now only worth a tenner ! (only joking!) You could send the money to charity, I recommend the 'Electric guitars for fat hairy b**stards fund' I have an address if you want it

I'm booking an Octagon motorsport day in the Caterham - £160. They can be done at Brands, Silverstone or Oulton park. This is what it says.

After a full briefing you'll start your experience with two autotests taking the Caterham through a series of slaloms, gates and garage stops all against the clock. Next up, the doughnut test. With slick tyres on the back, you'll easily get the back stepping out as you put the power down around the tight circular course. Next you'll take to the track to drive some flying laps, your instructor willthen show you how it's done with a high speed passenger ride *eek* Finally, it's back to the paddock for the caerham pursuit - starting at opposite sides of an oval you'll race against the clock and one of your contempories.

Like you I don't have a Caterham...................................yet. I cant wait for this. will be booking for June, taking a Friday off work, fancy racing a fellow Blatchatter? Will be going to Silverstone.

Requirements are:

Full driving licence to be have been held for at least a year and to be presented on the day. Height 5'2" - 6'2", Max weight 16 stone

Am booking a "champion voucher" which includes accident insurance, refreshment voucher (prob a pack of crisps) and 2 tickets to one of their motor racing venues excluding Grand prix and superbikes.

Then I'm going hire one for a day a couple of weeks later, another Friday off 😬

Contact them on 0845 607 7272 or www.firstplace4.com

Seek forgiveness, not permission.

Is it easy to rob a bank and get away with it???

Cheers Ric - certainly worth a look at - I might see you there.

Mark - chips and gravy oop north - there is nothing finer - but I don't want to spoil the girl

NB - is that the same 'Shove a Renault 5 engine in a Renault 4 van just for fun fund?"

Edited by - BOONIE on 29 Apr 2003 09:10:13

Ric, dear chap

For a bit (well, actually quite a lot) more 😳 you'll get far more time on track doing a Caterham-run day. Unless they've improved dramatically, these motorsports "jollies" are normally all about 🙆🏻's on seats and from what I've heard, you spend an awful lot of time with your *thumbup* up your 🙆🏻 and your *confused* in neutral

As your signature suggests you're keen to find a sponsor to give you sufficient funds to buy an SV, then you'll be looked after well by the likes of Paul Kite etc

Yours etc

G Thynne

Ummm - I'm looking for a day that will put a grin on my face but also may be useful in learning new skills that I can use day to day - while driving something that may take me sometime to save up/ persuade Mrs B to blow some of our savings on.

Also if Mrs B is up to it I wouldn't mind letting her have a go - it could be a kill or cure moment - depending on if she liked driving it or not.

Edited by - boonie on 29 Apr 2003 13:31:33

Trouble is you will also have to allow Boonie hound to have her say as well, not much room in a Cat 7 to put the dog guard !

Incidentally any donations to the 'guitar charity' or the 'turbo'd R4 van' will be swiftly pocketed and spent wisely *cool*

"Cat 7 is a grrrrreat idea" 😬

"It means he'll be out the house more - so I can chase round the garden like a loon."

"You could always take me for a ride in your van - if you get the engine and the guitar would that make you Van Morrison.....oh please yourself"

Trouble is you will also have to allow Boonie hound to have her say as well...

We've got two hounds and still manage to get "out and about" in our car... you just need a goodly supply of friends/rellies to dog-sit in return for a freezer-full of FH meals *tongue*

FH *cool*