Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Aeroscreen fitting help

Red SLR

Anyone know the best way to fit the std areoscreen?

I have tried fitting it up today and there seems to be a gap under it,,,, is this normal?

Its not huge but maybe 2mm ish?

Also what do you do with the hole on the pax side that is not in use?

Any tips for fitting mirrors?

I dont have any as yet....

Thanks

Simon.

See X777CAT here

Hiya Simon,

Just fitted the interchangeable aero on my R300. I used some self adhesive foam tape (sticky on one side only) on the underside of the screen which has filled the gap when the screen is bolted in place. I'm not sure where you can get this from, a DIY store perhaps? (I'm lucky that I have a relative in the curtain-walling business and a good supply of such stuff 😬).

I think the 'permanent' aeros are bedded in a silicone sealant or adhesive which I suppose is the permanent solution.

I had the SPA sports car mirrors as supplied with Caterham's kit. Fitting these is the most fiddly bit, especially getting them in the right place. Have a look at Page 14 on my site which gives an idea (at length 😳 of how I went about fitting them.

Hope this helps

darren f

The Building of R300SEV is Here

Just fitted mine, I like the foam tape idea :)... As for the spare hole, I just put the bolt back in it, made it look a bit neater.

For the centre mirror, I found the Caterham supplied one is a bit low, and maybe I could do with a higher mounting/extension. Does any one know where to get such a beastie.

Alan

N7CTR 1.8VVC