Click here if you are having website access problems ×

oil ( & coolers)

julians

I changed the filter too figureing a small one maybe couldn't flow enough oil at high revs. Oh well the theory's good, in practice no difference.

Not being a Zetec owner I can't point to the exact location but the pressure relief spring will be under a largeish hex bolt cap near the oil filter probably. Why not give James Whiting a ring he'll know.

Don't give up it's not rocket science and the satisfaction when you do eventually find the problem will be like a night with Pamela Anderson covered in baby oil or whatever takes your fancy.

I know this is not much help but I have a raceline Zetec and have never had any problems with oil pressure running on mobil 1 ?

What were the comments about the raceline sump ? I've always believed that this was a great bit of kit and worked well. Am I wrong ?

It appears that the oil pressure relief spring is external on the 1800 zetec , on the 2 litre it is inside the sump.

I think Paul dunnells comment about the fault being with the raceline sump was just sour grapes on his behalf as he couldnt offer me an explanation as to what the problem would be.

All he said was , you should have bought a sump from me not raceline. He was quite happy to try and sell me a sump claiming it would fix all my problems, but he couldnt/wouldnt tell me why.

Anyway, the car is going to John Noble on Saturday, to have this looked at, as well as be properley rolling road set up.

Julian

I've just had my Zetec rolling road tuned by Roger King at the Seven workshop.

This sounds like a plug for Roger but he did do a great job.

He changed just about all the jetting in the carbs and the car in now running so much better. Great job done .

He changed just about all the jetting in the carbs and the car in now running so much better. Great job done .

• 3 months later...