Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Low Flying Dec 2000 Cover Car

Red Line Components

It's a tube not tubes. It's the anti roll bar, mounted behind the wishbones facing forwards rather than in front facing rearwards as used now. If you look at the far (right hand for the driver) front wheel you can just about see the drop link which slides along the bar for adjustment, the bottom end of the drop link must then be connected to the bottom wishbone.

Fantastic looking car. I can't believe how far back the engine is mounted or how far off centre it needs to be fitted to get it this far back.

Steve at SBD is building a Westie with a 1600 Vx engine mounted this far back but centrally, just goes to show how much wider the westie chassis is.

Minty,

The curved copper coloured tube is just that - a curved copper coloured tube. It represents the anti roll bar in its absence. You'll have also noticed the lack of springs, and the dampers are represented by another bit of tubing - the same on the rear end (photo on page 13)

Did you like the article? It's an awesome car, I now have a big picture of it on my office wall.