Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Resetting Trip Meter Mileage?

Jeremyc

If I remember rightly, there's a knob you can turn to reset the numbers, but it's strangely mounted under the dash just to the right of the steering column
...which snaps off very easily when your knee hits it so that might be why you haven't found it. I got a new one from Caterham : #71174, £2.13

Honda Passion Orange, 640kg *eek*, and proud of it *smile*

Feel round the back of the speedo head (or remove it if you prefer). If there is a small hole with a keyway either side of it (a bit like a flying saucer seen from the edge) then you are missing the reset cable.

Mine was the same and i bought a new one from Caterham for only few pounds (about £3 i think). Its a cable a few inches long with a reset knob on the end, I think you are supposed to drill a hole for it into the cash but i just tied mine up underneath

Nick

P8MRA - Red and Black 1.6K supersport, back on the road at last. See pictures of it being rebuilt here

Things have probably changed since my 1982 car, but the trip reset is via a short cable with a ridged knob on it, this is placed under the dash at the far right side, on a small bracket, have a furtle about under there and you may find it, or as has been mentioned, it may be missing, this info is based on a Smiths, (remember them) speedo, have fun and grazed knuckles, Nigel.

1982. 5 speed, clamshells. B.R.G / Ali. The True Colours.