Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

CSR260 propshaft cover ?

S_M

Evening.     I was changing the diff oil tonight on my CSR260.   And i was looking at the propshaft to diff mounting flange and wondering how on earth you would unbolt it.?

On my CSR the centre floor section under the propshaft has a rivited ali cover under it between the main floors.  Is this normal on these cars ?

Thanks 

Sandy.

The only way is to drill it out as I found when my front uj failed. Incredibly these have inaccessible grease nipples, not described in the manual, and one of mine had come out. I replaced it with greased for life joints as the later cars had. This was on a 2008 car. 

44 minutes ago, David Brown said:

The only way is to drill it out as I found when my front uj failed. Incredibly these have inaccessible grease nipples, not described in the manual, and one of mine had come out. I replaced it with greased for life joints as the later cars had. This was on a 2008 car. 

Hi David.  Yes mine has grease nipples certainly at diff end of the propshaft, but as you mention looks virtually impossible to grease......................

8 hours ago, PlastererPete said:

Can’t see anything in the CSR supplement book. Only thing thats mentioned is rear diff fitting. Nothing about the propshaft. 
Only thing that is logical is the drill the rivets out and take the cover off. 

Yeah, i now agree although i had thought that surely this cant be so.................😕

8 hours ago, PlastererPete said:

Can’t see anything in the CSR supplement book. Only thing thats mentioned is rear diff fitting. Nothing about the propshaft. 

Ditto: I couldn't find anything in any of the CSR documentation.

Jonathan

PS: There's about 17 documents in the CSR collection. Available to all Members on request: please include your email address. They will eventually appear in the Downloads section:

https://www.caterhamlotus7.club/files/