Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

235 BHP Vauxhall HPC For Sale - Now Sold

Piers300

• Area Representative
Posted (edited)

FOR SALE: 1992 Vauxhall HPC Evolution in green with yellow nose. This car was factory built and fitted with the 235 BHP engine from new. It has approximately 38,000 miles on the clock and has had 2 owners. Dry sump, Limited slip differential, 12 Months MOT recently done, Competition roll bar, Ally Radiator, 4 pot calliper brakes. Never used in the winter but in need of some restoration. The car has not been used recently and will make a good restoration project over the winter months. 6 Point Harness, detachable steering wheel. Straight cut 5 speed gearbox (These s/c gearboxes are noisy) with long first gear. This car was well known in the club and was very successful in Club Sprints and won numerous events.  It used to have registration number J8EAR, which was removed from the car some time ago, as was the registration number 9487EL in the photos. It now has a standard registration number for its date. According to the Magnificent 7 by Chris Rees (page 82), he confirms that only 20 engines of this specification were built, so it is a rare Seven. The car has been owned by its present owner since 1994 and is a well-known original HPC. Asking price £16,500 ONO.  Located near Evesham. Contact Crispin Feilding on 07789 914054 or email: feildingc@gmail.com

image.png.017ce2c436e42ef558d410c87640a22b.pngimage.png.98e2b1383b05bba0b09972c05fbbf9f4.png

Edited by Piers300
  • Like 3

• Area Representative

Hi Andrew,

Yes, that’s fine. Back in the 90’s this was the car to beat and it was very well know in Club circles. I actually shared the driving with my brother in law to the Swiss International Meeting, but cannot remember the year. It was indecently fast, compared to my Super Sprint. It’s a rare beast but needs a new owner.

Piers

• Area Representative

Hello Roger, trust you are well. I can remember going up a gravelled road to enter Switzerland following you and we were both stopped by a Swiss border guard, who asked where we had come from. We said England and his reply was “ what in these cars”.  They were good days.
Am I correct in saying we were both driving HPC’s.

Crispin’s interest lie elsewhere now, so sad that it’s time to let it go to a new owner. 

Piers

• Area Representative

Hi Andrew,

Will you put the advert onto your C20xe web site or do you want me to do it. I’ve joined your group to help Crispin sell the car, so potentially I could do it.

Piers

• Like 1

• Area Representative
Posted (edited)

Please can any interested party in the car address ALL correspondence to my brother in law , at either:

His name is Crispin.
Mobile: +44 (0)7789 914054 

or email: feildingc@gmail.com

The car is at his house which is 200+ miles from me.

Piers

Edited by Piers300