Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

K series dry sump pan

bluenose

• Area Representative

Anyone got a Caterham branded dry sump pan they would consider selling? After one to replace one that is buckled. 

• Area Representative

Yeah seen it, made what I consider is a good offer but it was turned down, at the price wanted I’d want it in better condition. 

• Area Representative

Hi Nick

That is a scary price!

If a good example could be obtained, I wonder if it would be possible to 3D print one & if so how expensive it would be?

Cheers

Nick

12 hours ago, bluenose said:

Yeah seen it, made what I consider is a good offer but it was turned down, at the price wanted I’d want it in better condition. 

Don’t blame you. That’s twice what it’s worth. Only an idiot would pay that for it to save £235 or so. 

Looking at it, it’s well hammered anyway, not sure I’d want to use it again. 

3 hours ago, ScottR400D said:

Don’t blame you. That’s twice what it’s worth. Only an idiot would pay that for it to save £235 or so. 

Looking at it, it’s well hammered anyway, not sure I’d want to use it again. 

Yes absolutely, not worth that compared to a new one (although I think it may be a R500K magnesium one).

But just because it’s ‘well hammered’ on the outside (from pictures no apparent cracks, the flange, windage plate location, oil scavenge and feed ports look ok) doesn’t stop it from being perfectly serviceable. You should see one of my weld repaired ones!

Edited by Englishmaninwales