Click here if you are having website access problems ×

LAST CHANCE: Superlight R big price drop

RESOLVIWOLF

Hmm... why this car hasnt gone i'll never know. I've had only one person round to see it and he was knife-edge close to buying it but sadly eventually decided on a different car. But apart from that and a few other people messing me about 'cos they like the "idea" of buying an SLR and love talking about sevens for hours and hours on the telephone/email (Zzzzzzzzzzz ..... do you people honestly think that i want to know about your life story and how you really like the colour yellow and about your wife who bakes real nice bread and mows the lawn every sunday evening ? ) ... there's been little interest. Either you're all skint out there or you don't know enough about these cars to sum up enough confidence not to buy from a dealer.

Well, the car goes to a dealer if its not sold by the end of this week (AND APART FROM THE LARGER PRICE IT WILL BE THE SAME CAR, THE DEALER WONT APPLY ANY MAGIC RELIABILITY & KUDOS GJOB DUST TO IT !) 'cos im sick of having it on my drive doing nothing. Price is now 21,700.

For all the details see this webpage: http://www.jackals-forge.com/slr/slr.html

and when it says "engine rebuilt" bear in mind that this means that:

1) the history is not hidden like many cars you go out and buy, but its an open book .. you know where you stand.

2) the engine is NEW ... so its better than any SLR out there thats done more than 30 miles. You dont have to refresh it again for a few years.

3) the engine failure was because of design limitations, nothing to do with misuse or crashing into a bus at 180mph through Blanchimont.

thanks for listening

R

lol ... admittedly i was in a pretty foul mood when i wrote that but then if you've ever tried to sell 2 cars at once privately and been messed around on both counts several times over then you'll know where i'm coming from.

I haven't had any long drawn out calls/emails about the price of butter since so thats a good sign *thumbup*

Jackal,

The question begs to be asked.....

....if the cars so good why the hell is it sitting on your drive doing nothing. If you still own it take advantage of this glorious weather and thrash the 🙆🏻 off it!! *tongue* *tongue* 😬 😬

Nifty.

minister will be hugely expensive... around 5k just for a reconditioned job.

Get a vvc K for 500 quid then buy the rods, mapping , throttle bodies, manifold etc.. and mod the head. You can use the normal K crank.... the VHPD crank is no better.

It will work out far cheaper and with a little help from dave walker will be considerably superior unit to the PTP vhpd which lets face it is a bit long in teh tooth to say the least.

...or go the Duratec route via Ammo & Marc Hicks. A reliable 220 bhp from a standard engine for not far off what our friends from Minister might charge you for a rebuilt VHPD engine...

Rich, good luck in selling the car - no chance the BMW dealer might get it underwritten at a good price from Caterham? or have you already bought the M5?

mark cheers ......

i have a good offer from caterham cars to buy the car outright so it will go there .

just trying to get a few more quid myself and do someone a favour before the car is 2k more expensive.

btw: m5 wont be till later i imagine. I have 2 more cars to sell before that 😳

tony,

long time no hear, what are you running these days ?