Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Noise levels @ Goodwood 19th Aug 2024 - 98db Static, 96 drive by

Justin Time

Hi All,

Does anyone know how strict they are at Goodwood, or what I can do to to get my car under 98db?

Im awaiting Simpson to build a 4-2-1 exhaust in September, but am pretty sure I'm about 99db Static.

its a L7 club day, so we can't be the only ones, surely?

I'm running 1600 K series + Jenveys and stage 1 head and the old standard 4-1 manifold and silencer.

I don't think the silencer is repackable

• Area Representative

We used to put two 8mm bolts through the tail pipe on the exhaust on the rally car in a cross, so 90 degrees to each other.

It wins you a couple of decibels static and you can take them out afterwards. Rally car was making 300bhp so we didn't notice any loss.

If you are getting a new exhaust it won't matter if it has some extra holes.

I did a track day at Goodwood last month with the GRCC & a Westfield was a bit over the limit, they let him drive but warned if he was over the limit on the drive by they would tell him & he would need to ease of the accelerator at the points of where the sensors are around the circuit (2 places I believe), so all in all fairly relaxed & grown up approach. 

I have found Goodwood to be very helpful…As long as you talk to them, listen and lift where they tell you.

Out of the chicane, out of Madgwick and into Fordwater , you are braking into Lavant anyway and “Fill yer boots” up the Lavant straight I was told.

I got through a whole day with a car that was 111 dB static when a guy in a Golf got kicked out.