Click here if you are having website access problems ×

South Norfolk blat recommendations?

I'm bringing my 420R to see family and friends in Norfolk this weekend (weather permitting)... and wondered if I could tap into the local area wisdom for some good short-ish blats based from the Wymondham & Attleborough area.

Anything in the 1.5-2 hours range should be more than enough.

Perhaps @Kingsley Young, @Steve Wright or any of the Carrotland group know some routes, or anyone else who's been in the area with a similar purpose?

Thanks in advance,
Ben

• Area Representative
Posted (edited)

Hi Ben, you'll be welcome in Carrotland. Have a good time on our patch.

Roads to avoid:

• A11
  • A47
  • A140
  • Anything around Norwich

Other than that, most roads that are off-piste can be enjoyable. First thoughts are:

• B1108 Bawburgh to Watton
  • A1075 Watton to Thetford
  • B1113 Mulbarton to New Buckenham
  • B1332 Poringland to Bungay
  • The white road from Wymondham to join the B1113 at Wreningham. You'll pass the Lotus factory, we think Colin Chapman must have designed this road as a test track! Unfortunately a 50 mph limit now but still enjoyable. Try the Bird In Hand at Wreningham for lunch, a Lotus themed pub. Visit Classic Team Lotus if you get time.

I'll try to think of specific routes and add a link.

Have fun.

Steve

Edited by Steve Wright
  • Thanks 1

• Area Representative

A couple of weeks ago we had this blat: https://www.caterhamlotus7.club/events/event/422-carrotland-blat-and-visit-to-the-ipswich-transport-museum/

There is a downloadable satnav file on that page.

The first section from Goodies Food Hall to Thorpeness is fab. Thorpeness is an interesting holiday village built early 20th Century, our very own version of Portmerion. No amusements and lots of interesting buildings. Nice beach too.

Goodies food hall serves a fantastic breakfast. The Large Farmer's one is recommended if you're hungry!    https://www.goodiesfoodhall.co.uk

• Area Representative

If you're kicking around on Sunday and want to meet some of the gang, we are at the Culford Classic Car Show:

https://www.caterhamlotus7.club/events/event/378-culford-classic-car-show/

We have a Club stand next to Crazy Horse, Caterham Agent for East Anglia. Lot's of interesting cars and bikes, in addition to Sevens.

Suggested way points from Wymondham: East Harling, Garboldisham, Knettishall Heath, Euston, Honington, Great Livermere, Culford.

A brief note to say I had a great time on the Carrotland patch over the weekend, managed to dodge most of the showers and found some nice roads. The Bird in Hand was a great recommendation; if you guys have a chance maybe check out the Goat Shed at Honingham too. Here’s where we went, thanks to the Beeline heatmap!

IMG_5417.thumb.jpeg.a3dddeb55325c17cf59a71e1f4cf0c22.jpeg

• Like 1