Click here if you are having website access problems ×

No Lights after LEDs

O.G.

Right - finally been able to put a good bit of time in.

This is what I found : While removing a sidelight holder from the old headlight bowl I had inadvertently caused an internal short. This of course blew the lights fuse. Unfortunately all the light fuse positions in my owners handbook are completely wrong (plus many others) so this lead me on a wild goose chase. Finally after finding the blown fuse and finding and fixing the short, I’ve been able to complete the change to LEDs.  
I now plan to create a CORRECT fuse and relay diagram and make it available. I do remember this was a thread a few years ago.

Thanks for all those suggestions and especially Jonathan for your help!

O.G.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t suppose anyone has now created instructions on how to get the cafe racer units functioning with DRL, indicators and normal light functions have they?  I’m no electrical engineer and am struggling to work out what I need to do.  Cheers, Chris

5 minutes ago, Chris spencer said:

I don’t suppose anyone has now created instructions on how to get the cafe racer units functioning with DRL, indicators and normal light functions have they?  I’m no electrical engineer and am struggling to work out what I need to do.  Cheers, Chris

Please could you post any instructions which they provide and some photos showing the wiring. 

Jonathan

7 minutes ago, Chris spencer said:

Do you want the DRLs to come on with the side light switch or with the ignition? And what do you want the tail lights to do?

Jonathan

Hi, thanks for the reply..

Ideally, I’d like the DRL to work on ignition and tail light function to remain unchanged. The lamps don’t have wiring for the side light, from what I can see and I wonder whether to. Make the indicator pod the side light as the new headlamp assembly has indicators… Am I going to have to wire the lamp back to the ignition switch to get the DRL functioning on ACC+, and pull the wire through from the small Indicator pod to get the LED indicator to work?

Thanks

IMG_0152.jpeg

IMG_0152.thumb.jpeg.f29e156c5cf310b3cbb46f336b9bc68d.jpeg.bf4b041e031d67dda5cedf03cb6f5cab.jpeg

(Just back on a big screen.)

On 18/07/2024 at 09:02, Chris spencer said:

Am I going to have to wire the lamp back to the ignition switch to get the DRL functioning on ACC+, and pull the wire through from the small Indicator pod to get the LED indicator to work?

Thanks for the instructions.

Yes, you're going to need a new wire from an ignition-switched feed (ACC+) to the DRLs if you want them switched separately from the existing side and tail lights. 

I'd be interested in how others do this...

Jonathan

When I fitted my lights which have a sidelight/indicator halo, I simply added another feed for it and removed the standard indicator pods:IMG_9674.thumb.jpeg.22184c4a3786f24f4e71af0539694d40.jpeg

I always turn my sidelights on when I drive so the halo is my DRL.

I have contemplated “automating” the DRL with a simple relay circuit like this (but have not wired it up yet):

image.png.053af937feea06fb3fe585862ef698fa.png