Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Javelin Trackdays

PEC

Dear All, it happens sometimes that dates for our trackdays do not fit my agenda. I am contemplating to go out with Javelin, whom I never experienced before as a trackday organiser.

I have a low powered car and my track drivng abilities are not that of a super champion, even if I have been doing trackdays on and off for 19 years... As a result, I am a slow car on track. My concern is about safety and, more precisely, the behaviour of people joining in. I have no problem being surrounded with different cars and different abilities and try my best to keep an eye in my mirrors in order to be as little as possible a moving chicane for the others. Still, I find it dangerous being taken over in braking zones or in the middle of a corner or being"pushed" out by someone who could take over comfortably by waiting a few tenth of seconds for the next upcoming straight.

I have seen a few positive feedbacks about Javelin in Blatchat but they were quite old. Any recent experience?  Thank you very much

Javelin set good standards but there is always an element of ‘luck’ as to who turns up on the day. Almost anyone can book on a Javelin day with almost any car. I try to keep to our club and Lotus On Track which in my opinion reduce that risk considerably and the cars are small and light weight (although LoT allow some other cars too).

I did a day with them a while back and it was good and well organised. No complaints.

Like others have said it’s a bit hit and miss depending on who turns up on the day isn’t it.

Id say they were the same as any MSV type day but not as good as the club or LoT.

i have done dozens with them.  Generally no problems at all, they do tend to be quite heavily booked so can be fairly busy sessions.

If you do get a problem driver they deal with it very quickly in my experience.

Althought not in a Caterham, i've used Javelin for several trackdays. They've always been great on the whole, but regardless, you'll always get some **** in an M3 with no driving talent trying to push you out of the way.

As long as you're wise to it and give them space, it'll be fine.