Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Clutch Pedal Stop

O.G.

I have been adjusting the position of the clutch pedal on my 2015 DURATEC hydraulic actuated clutch recently. This adjustment means that the clutch pedal movement (throw) is much greater now before it hits the floor stop. I’m worried that this will over extend the clutch mechanism in the bell housing.

When referring to my build manual to find out how to adjust this floor stop this is what I found:

“the adjustment of the stop is critical in order to obtain full clutch operation. The clutch pedal is adjusted to the require(d) length but might require fine tuning considering slight variation on different cars. This may take some time to get the correct adjustment”.  Very unhelpful!!!

Can anybody please refer me to a more useful document. Thanks!

I too would love to know.  When building mine recently, I found I had to adjust to get more pedal movement so the clutch would work properly, but was concerned with it over extending.  Id read this in build blogs as well.

Mpre important is setting the correct height for the CSC in the bell housing...

CC have hopefully got this sorted now as the ones I checked had wide variations on tolerances.

If you initial set the clutch stroke short so It drags and  resistance is felt on the gealeerver when trying to engage a stationary gear (early type9 box's the reverse ger would grate)

Then adjust until the gears can  be cleanly engaged maybe 1 full turn at a time on the stop.

In this condition you won't over extend the CSC.

Changing the clutch master cylinder for a .7 bore gives a shorter stroke and is a good upgrade.

I have wilwood cylinders in for sale section if required.