Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K Series overheating

Fallon

I'd suggest verifying that the sender gauge combo is reading correctly. Remove the sender from the water rail, reconnect the wire, add an earth connection to the casing and drop it in a mug of boiling water. But here's where it gets: interesting: on my car the gauge would read about right when the engine was stopped, but would head for the red as soon as the engine was started with the connected sender still in the mug (I had 2 senders to play with). I eventually traced my problem to an earthing issue between the engine (right side) and chassis. I too was concerned that the bottom radiator hose wasn't getting hot, but it turned out the car wasn't getting warm enough for the thermostat to open before I chickened out and stopped the engine!

Edited by IanJ

• Area Representative
On 07/07/2024 at 16:52, Fallon said:

Cheers guys!

They look a much better job than a standard jubilee clip.

They do look much better but people have had problems with them not sealing properly. Stick with jubilee type clips. 

• Like 1

• Leadership Team
14 hours ago, Paul Richards said:

They do look much better but people have had problems with them not sealing properly. Stick with jubilee type clips. 

Agreed, coolant seems to be able to find its way through the smallest of possible routes and Mikalor clamps have often been the cause. Good quality stainless jubilee clips seal much better especially with silicone hoses.