Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Etiquette of auction listings in "For Sale"

Etiquette of auction listings in "For Sale"

This has come up in a specific sale, eBay in this instance.

1 AFAIK there isn't relevant guidance.

2 It doesn't bother me.

3 What are others' concerns?

Thanks

Jonathan

Rather parochial but to me, if an item is being put for sale on BlatChat, it’s being sold to members, not to everyone.

That said, if something is being sold on eBay, it’d be nice to know…

Yes, I know that’s contradictory!

🤷🏻‍♂️

• Confused 1

The post in question was just using BlatChat to advertise/promote the members eBay listings, he did not state a price and did not respond to members questions. Therefore to purchase the  items you had to use eBay, so in my opinion not a genuine “For Sale” and the links should not be allowed. *getmecoat*

2 hours ago, Guy Lowe said:

The post in question was just using BlatChat to advertise/promote the members eBay listings, he did not state a price and did not respond to members questions. Therefore to purchase the  items you had to use eBay, so in my opinion not a genuine “For Sale” and the links should not be allowed. *getmecoat*

I agree.  These were my thoughts on that post.

JV

• Like 1

• Area Representative

That said, if something is being sold on eBay, it’d be nice to know…

Maybe we need an area or section for sharing external links such as ebay so these are not included within the for sale section.

50 minutes ago, Andrew Gilbert said:

Maybe we need an area or section for sharing external links such as ebay so these are not included within the for sale section.

"For sale elsewhere" - would also mean if someone found something interesting they could link to it ...... although I'd normally expect to see that in chitchat (but i'm a relatively new member). Perhaps that's the compromise, if you want to sell it to members it goes in "for sale", if you want to advertise or mention a sale elsewhere it goes in chitchat and risks being missed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I’d give the Caterham community on here first chance at buying Caterham specific items. If they dont sell then I’d stick them on ebay.

I’ve also posted links to rare Caterham items on ebay which haven’t appeared in the For Sale section. Or where I spot an ebay advert which matches an unanswered wanted post.