Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Post Heyford - Car set-up problems 2 or 1?

SvenDriver

Lots of fun at Heyford today doing full-on driving. Following on from this I seem to have two setup issues:

1. During emergency braking the Front wheels will not lock up even when the rears are smoking. 50-0 and 100-20 wont do it.

2. Car wouldn't power slide - back was too sticky. (Instructors said, It wasn't me - I was giving it large - 62 into the bend 2nd gear (7000rpm), lose the power part way thru etc. Car behaved beautifully. Not what I wanted!!!!

My 7 does not have a brake bias adjuster. All wheels run equal pressure (16.5psi) on equal size tyres (Pilots!)

Putting the rears up a few PSI will unstick the back but not help the braking.

One suggestion was to put green stuff in the front (I'm 7 std all around at the moment) to force the bias. Don't know what the pad # is. I'm in a roadsport 1999 de-dion with standard bits.

Ideas/Suggestions ????

I don't know if you have a similar problem, but I noticed that Barry's car was very high at the front, which (possibly) made it difficult for him to get the weight transfer for oversteer by lifting off. Perhaps you have a similar problem? - could also get more transfer by softening the front suspension etc... BTW I am by no means an expert on these things, it's just an idea...

What a great day 😬 😬 😬

Charlie'n'Kermit

The plan is: Clackett Lane@6.45

S5EVN

I don't know what pads are fitted in your car, but mines an Ital pcd and front pad # is DP2114 for EBC Greenstuff. (I think I've got standard brakes)

Take a look at www.needforspeed.co.uk

I wouldn't necessarily recommend buying from these guys (though I know of no reaosn not to) it's just that they have pages with good pictures and dimensions of the pads so that you make sure you're getting the right size.

Still grinning from the fun on Saturday,

Dave.