Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Sigma SuperSport 140 TPS setting

After much searching. I have not been able to find a definitive answer on the TPS setting for a Sigma SuperSport 140.

The car runs great once warm. But misfires on cold start, hunts and can stall at junctions. 

It all clears within a couple of minutes.

First thing I have been advised to check is the TPS voltage.

Edited by supersport_140
Typo

I believe there can be variance car to car. And not sure if the fixed cam sigma is the same as the TiVCTs. Mine was happy at 0.45v (originally a 270 TiVCT sigma) and had many of the issues you mentioned till we settled on that. These days its been modified by Premier Power and is now at about 0.47...

...just coming back to me... Worth a check, the screws on my TPS were a titch too long and actually didn't quite tighten. It initially felt tight but over time the TPS would vibrate to a slightly different position and voltage -  Q random stalling and all sorts. It was Premier Power who worked it out and solved it... So while you're having a fiddle with the screws and the settings, worth a check... Oh and over tightening can cause the throttle to stick open...which I can confirm isn't much fun *whistle*

Edited by krisfl

My understanding is that the map determines the voltage which equates to throttle site 0.0. In the case of my 310 it is 0.41V. Setting up the TPS requires a correct throttle opening for site 0.0 and 0.41V. This can be checked with a warm engine having a stable idle at the target RPM and close to zero correction of the ignition advance. The Idle Speed Status should be ‘Active’. Obviously other engines and maps may be different.

Thanks it's all sorted now with the assistance from another owner and their little black magic box.

As you say it's the 'map' number that is important. We set the the idle, checked the 'map' was on zero and adjusted the TPS position. And repeated this until we were happy with both.

• Like 1