Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Clarification on scoring for multiple championship events at the same track with the same layout in a single season

andy_harries

• Support Team
Posted (edited)

Hi all

I wanted to clarify the rules first for the treatment of records and PBs for events where we visit the same track with the same layout more than once in a season for a championship event.  We haven't done this since 2013 I think, so the rules are silent on the treatment of records and PBs broken on subsequent days should they be broken.

We'll update the rules to be explicit next season, but we are going to take what might be called the common sense approach.  We will use a record or PB set on an earlier day as the benchmark for any subsequent days.  Two examples:

• There is a two day event at Prescott - Saturday and Sunday are both championship scoring days. A driver at Prescott on Saturday sets a new PB - they beat their previous time of 55.10 with a new time of 54.10.  For the Saturday event this is scored as normal for Edward Lewis points.  On the Sunday however, the new PB time set on Saturday is their benchmark.  If the driver's best time on Sunday is 54.50, then there are no Edward Lewis points as although they beat their old PB again, it's the new PB set on Saturday that counts.

• There is a mythical 3 day event at Harewood - Saturday, Sunday and Monday.  The class record is 55.10 set the previous year.  The fastest time on Saturday is 54.50 and a new class record is set - championship scores will be over 100 for all times that beat 55.10.  On Sunday, the class record will be 54.50. The fastest time on Sunday is 54.10 - again, the class record falls and the championship scores for times on Sunday beating 54.50 will be over 100; those slower than 54.50 on Sunday will be less than 100.  On Monday however, the fastest time is 54.30.  No class record is set and the championship scores are calculated for Monday's event using the time of 54.10 set on Sunday as the class record.

Hopefully this is clear and reflects the most sensible approach.  It does not change our approach for weekends where we have a championship event on the Sunday, and an invited non championship event on the Saturday.  Only times set at championship events count for PBs and class records.  Anyone at Gurston this week for both days should save their fastest times for the Sunday 🙂

It does however break my spreadsheet so there will be a short delay to the Prescott results while I update the logic to make this work!

Cheers

Andy

Edited by andy_harries
  • Like 1

• Leadership Team

Sounds perfectly sensible Andy, thanks for clarifying.  Unfortunately, I'm personally most unlikely to be troubling your spreadsheet! 😙