Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Largest Radiator Fan for Caterham BDR? In inches

anthonym

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Yes. Question is now how to choose biggest fan size when radiator dimensions  are available. 

Also whether there are significant cooling properties as between different brands, starting with Carbuilder. 

I am very happy to note that for the first time in 20 odd years my BDR cooling system with overflow (not sealed expansion system) now works as designed. For this record it seems having upgraded to a multipass radiator is now the only issue that below 40mph their is insufficient airflow and the present 10 » fan is unable to provide enough to cool more than one row. 

Edited by anthonym

Posted (edited)

Thanks nigel that could be interesting - any idea the airflow property of it? 

I know one R500 has a 16" fan so I suppose if the nose cone dimension has not changed bewteen my 1987 BDR and the late 1990s R500 K it should also fit. Bigger the better to feed my three row radiator when iunder 40mph.

edit: I found this https://www.radtec.co.uk/shop/spal-fans/spal/11-va09-ap8c-54s/  seems they fit up to 11" so unless yours is bigger you can relax with my thanks. 

edit2 in fact no need to do anything as I have now ordered a 14" fan from CBS https://www.carbuilder.com/uk/14-electric-cooling-fan

Thanks for being willing 🙂

Anthony

p.s. I am now told my rad is also a Radtech Extreme but with my old fan.

Edited by anthonym

yes exactly and it now works perfectly; which took me a loong time, replacing most of the components.the unpressurised bottle is of course under management by mother nature's atmospheric pressure. Just fasciinates me how they did things so effectively before expansion tanks came along.