Click here if you are having website access problems ×

CC headlights European driving

K7 VCT

Posted (edited)

Anyone been to Europe using CC or JAL headlights. 

We head for Switzerland etc in a couple of weeks...

Do  i  need to blank out part of the units ?

Thanks all

Edited by K7 VCT

1 hour ago, SM25T said:

LED lights are normally a flat top dipped beam. As there is no main reflector, there is nothing you can blank off.

I think that's right for most LED headlamps on Sevens. You can check by your own by using a convenient wall and the alignment instructions in the Assembly Guide.

Jonathan

The CC and JAL ones are NS-Sirius light units. They do three variants. LHD, Flat, RHD. The part number is listed on the front of the unit usually. I made the mistake of buying a set from germany assuming they were the flat beam pattern, nope they were LHD. 

NS-2270 LHD

NS-2271 Flat

NS-2273 RHD

I recently bought and fitted the right hand drive JAL LED units, with the horizontal DRL bar like the ones Caterham fit, and asked the same question about beam deflectors as I am off to France. JAL responded as follows....

There is no need to add any strips to your LED headlights. These lights are supplied by Caterham and Morgan on their factory cars, and the advice from them both is to just drive 'as is' in France and you will be fine.

My advice is the same, I have had hundreds of Caterham owners travel abroad with these lights without a single issue.

3 hours ago, Trunnie said:

Hi Pete, Could I please ask where you bought them from in Germany? I can't find anyone on Google (and are you looking to sell your LHD lights)?

Many thanks

Trunnie

I got them from:-

SIP Scootershop

I placed the order then it occurred to me that they would be left hand drive. The customer services lady got confused as they call it right hand/left hand traffic. So they got sent to me to try but they were LHD/right hand traffic. They arranged collection and refunded me everything apart from the customs duties.