Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Solved - Unknown wiring at front.

Posted (edited)

I've just finished the plumbing and before cable tying it all up I want to make sure all my electrics are in the right place.

420r,  I've still got these two left over at the front, looks like an earth and sender connector, which could go on the dry sump tank, but there is no oil temp gauge and also no earth. Am I missing something obvious as I can't find anything in the manual or other blogs! 

20240605_074604.thumb.jpg.3e11d4d063bf4caf75b1b28c991adf4d.jpg

Edited by Brownmonster

I had the same wires left over !

The one with two wires is for the sender in the dry sump tank, even though there is no gauge on the dash for it.  I suppose you could fit a switchable gauge or dual gauge at some point. 

The other one is surplus.  I taped it up and secured it neatly.  It serves no purpose on the 420R.

Remember to ensure the wiring for the fan is routed in a way that it does not touch the roll bar, that was a point picked up on my PBC report.

Ha, I knew I'd seen this before! I'm finding that the search takes ages on these forums and ends up giving me surplus results which is why I created a new topic! 

Even if it is for the dry sump temperature, any idea where the other end of the wire is? I was going to retro fit a switch to toggle in the dash. 

17 minutes ago, Brownmonster said:

Ha, I knew I'd seen this before! I'm finding that the search takes ages on these forums and ends up giving me surplus results which is why I created a new topic! 

Thanks for trying!

Discussion of searching here:

It would be great if you could add your thoughts while they're still fresh.

Jonathan

• Like 1