Click here if you are having website access problems ×

420 Duratec 2 Engine hoist point brackets missing

dcShadow

Posted (edited)

Hello all,

Im needing to remove the engine to replace a cracked bell housing - a daunting prospect for me indeed as ive never done anything like this before - but before I have even started I have noticed that my engine block has had its hoist point brackets removed.  I bought the car built from Williams Auto in 2020. 

image.png.e1c702bef22520febaf275ee2fbee6ce.png

I can't seem to find anything like mount points/mount loops online nor, for when I do find them, any instruction of which bolt point they should be attached to.  Can anyone guide me please on if its possible to find replacements of the loop plates and bolts and then instruction of which bolt point to install them upon?

Thanks

David

Edited by dcShadow

Hi David,

This is what the standard eyes look like, but they don’t seem to be readily available: https://www.burtonpower.com/engine-lifting-eyes-ford-duratec-i4-fiesta-st150-sscelf4.html

Depending on your type of hoist attachment you can pick up a number of lifting points and use washers or spacers to keep the attachment plate clear of the valve cover. I used a load leveller with 4 lifting points and built-in lifting plates attached to available head bosses. On the intake side of the head:

IMG_3556.thumb.jpeg.2f49042cee19a91572b03046996d74ef.jpeg

You can remove the bolt in blind hole on the exhaust side and there is a spare boss, too (circled in red):

1CB3BA5B-79F0-41E2-B80E-D83CCA46A44B.JPG

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

You're welcome to borrow mine.   I can post, or you could collect if you're anywhere near Dorset.

Liftingeyes.jpg.b07bdeddc75551946ee4536f13a95357.jpg

This shows where they fit:

22-Enginecraneandleveller.thumb.jpg.05724da1a33facd159408fae42410abf.jpg

IME, it's only kit-supplied engines that come with the eyes.  I think CC tend to remove them from factory-built cars.

ETA: Probably a good time to mention the "Member Loan Directory".

JV

Edited by John Vine
Add ref to Member Loan Directory

49 minutes ago, MattB said:

They weren’t fitted to my factory built car when I collected it in January 2022.

MattB

In that case, I imagine that CC must have dozens sitting in a box somewhere!

JV