Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Way O/T Atco balmoral lawn mower

nic.day

I had my eyes on my late father's Suffolk Colt..... But he gave it to my cousin who made it into a go kart..... Then discovered it didn't have enough HP to push his daughter 😢

• Leadership Team

I was bidding on a Balmoral on eBay which was conveniently local to me, I had a price in my head but was a little surprised how much it finally sold for. Prices do seem quite variable but there are some real bargains, often just because the mower needs a decent service.

Stu.

I have a non stripey rotary with a Briggs engine. I serviced it a couple of weeks ago and there is something quite rewarding from maintaining a bit of machinery. Still managed to put too much oil in (30 grade Rock oil)!!

Also run it on Aspen synthetic fuel so safe to winter store and no hose rot!

Sorry for the thread hijack - off to do some research on classic lawn mowers! 

On 01/06/2024 at 08:37, Wrightpayne said:

I have a non stripey rotary with a Briggs engine. I serviced it a couple of weeks ago and there is something quite rewarding from maintaining a bit of machinery. Still managed to put too much oil in (30 grade Rock oil)!!

Also run it on Aspen synthetic fuel so safe to winter store and no hose rot!

Sorry for the thread hijack - off to do some research on classic lawn mowers! 

My mower supplier tried to sell me the Aspen stuff. As I use about 4-5 litres every cut I declined. I just use E5, no storage or rot issues with that either. 

That would be V expensive! I got our petrol mower when I was also doing my late fathers gardening. Now just have a modest patch that takes 15 mins tops! 

If I was using more fuel then I would be using E5. 5L of aspen will last me two seasons.