Click here if you are having website access problems ×

07 SV Watts linkage replacement parts ?

150SV

Considering refurbing my watts linkage to try and eliminate knocking type noises.

Don’t want to pay Caterham prices, so looking at alternatives. Rod  ends seem easy enough, but what about the bushes and bell crank bush ?

I run adjustable radius arms with sphericals joints both ends on the track, they may be a benefit to the watts linkage on bumpy tracks though I doubt it will be the 2 seconds a lap I saw quoted in another post - perhaps thats more for the CC PR team

There are benefits form both set up and driver preference plays a significant part too, as doesset yp of the rest of the chassis

Ok, so please explian about the radius arm thing - hiw it affects the car and the drive, what parts Id need, as it sounds like a better solution for me....

The watts linkage has a radius arm mounted at the front of the rear wing and another mounted at the rear. They meet at a bell crank on the deDion tube, attached by rose bearings. These are what wear quickly and rattle.

Conventional radius arms mount at the front only and fit to the same place on the deDion tube.

You'll be abe to buy all the bits from Redline Components, email sales@redlinecomponents.co.uk

1 minute ago, StevehS3 said:

Has anyone experimented with the two radius arm positions (R & S)? Any thoughts on the pros and cons? 

IMG_5246.png

There’s some discussion in the archives. I’ll dig it out after tonight’s rehearsal. 

Jonathan

• Like 1