Click here if you are having website access problems ×

TPS on a Duratek 210

Ian1959

Think i have a problem as the car keeps idling at 1500 rpm when hot! is there anything i can do to check prior to purchase of new TPS and is there anywhere to buy other than Caterham as they are showing out of stock?

Ian

It could be a number of other problems, too, but it is always worth having a spre TPS available. My 2012 210 R400 with plenum had a Ford TPS with part number 988F-9B989-BB, but it is worth checking on your TPS. You can just Google that part number online. Avoid sites that are not reputable that may sell knock-off parts, though.

Hi James,

See photo of my TPS not very clear  numbers but does look possible, went to local ford parts today quoted me £180.00 ish! i think that is more than CC?

Ian

I tried them to but thro them and even though I had OEM part numbers for cam followers and head bolts they still insisted on VIN and Reg number, I explained these would not help, in the end I gave then the numbers.... and guess what - Sorry we don't recognise your vehicle and are unable to help...

Even though I gave full and correct part numbers - sometimes I wonder if people are employed with the sole purpose of pissing potential customers off.

Local Mazda dealer was the same for craddle bolts and a  NC2 crankshaft, same issue, I had Mazda numbers he protested it would take him hours without a VIN - like the lazy buger had something else to do sat texting and supping coffee.... took him 11 mins with me doing pretty much all the work.... sure he was being deliberately thick !

Told me neither were avaialble anymore.... wrong ! - so he lost £1600 of business the first lost about £300....

Ordered one today, it had the Ford logo and the part numbers cost 25.27 but will match what is on my car just got to wait for the delivery!

will let you know if it cures the problem later.

• Like 1