Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Tachometer Indicator LED Issues

R500JPH

Hi

I am having an issue with the left hand indicator LED in my Tachometer. If I wiggle the connector and or cables at the back I can get it to occasionally work so it looks like a dodgy wire or connection onto the female plug to me. Its the newer version I believe with the 20 pin connector. Would anyone happen to have the pinouts for this connector please?

Many thanks

Jon

IMG_3454.jpg

IMG_3453.jpg

Have you tried asking the manufacturer:
Caerbont Automotive Instruments Ltd?

Unit1, Caerbont Industrial Estate, Caerbont, Abercrave, Swansea, SA9 1SH
www.caigauge.com
01639 732200

Helpful people in my limited experience.

1 minute ago, BigCol said:

Have you tried asking the manufacturer:
Caerbont Automotive Instruments Ltd?

Unit1, Caerbont Industrial Estate, Caerbont, Abercrave, Swansea, SA9 1SH
www.caigauge.com
01639 732200

Helpful people in my limited experience.

And the pinouts and instructions for setting are on the website.

Jonathan

1 hour ago, R500JPH said:

I am having an issue with the left hand indicator LED in my Tachometer. If I wiggle the connector and or cables at the back I can get it to occasionally work so it looks like a dodgy wire or connection onto the female plug to me. Its the newer version I believe with the 20 pin connector. Would anyone happen to have the pinouts for this connector please?

You might be able to work it out from the Caterham wiring diagram. If you'd like a copy please send me a Private Message with your email address.

That wiggle test does sound as if you've found the problem. But do the hazard warning lights work normally? And have you changed the indicators to LEDs?

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan 

I do have the Caterham wiring diagram but struggling to work out which one controls the left indicator led from that. The hazards and indicators both work fine - its just the left warning led in the tacho that isn’t working. The car has the standard indicator bulbs and relay.

I have just emailed Caerbont as suggested earlier in this thread and hopefully they can supply the pinouts as I couldn’t find this info on their website.

Many thanks, Jon 

• Area Representative

Hi Jonathan

I had a similar problem when i purchased my car back in 2016, it is a 2009 car but had only covered 900 mls.

The same indicator bulb as yours  was not working only intermittently, after lots of head scratching someone on the forum said that there had been a problem at manufacture with this unit.

Apparently there had been a call back at the time but I’m assuming many could have slipped the net.

I contacted Caerbont and asked them to have a look at it which they did, it was returned to me fully working and with no charge !

I have to say it was away for about 6 weeks if I remember correctly.

I think I would be contacting Caerbont .

Good Luck

Kingsley

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kingsley Young said:

I had a similar problem when i purchased my car back in 2016, it is a 2009 car but had only covered 900 mls.

The same indicator bulb as yours  was not working only intermittently, after lots of head scratching someone on the forum said that there had been a problem at manufacture with this unit.

Apparently there had been a call back at the time but I’m assuming many could have slipped the net.

I contacted Caerbont and asked them to have a look at it which they did, it was returned to me fully working and with no charge !

I have to say it was away for about 6 weeks if I remember correctly.

I think I would be contacting Caerbont .

Very interesting. And I'd definitely refer to that in the correspondence with Caerbont.

Jonathan

12 hours ago, R500JPH said:

I do have the Caterham wiring diagram but struggling to work out which one controls the left indicator led from that. The hazards and indicators both work fine - its just the left warning led in the tacho that isn’t working. The car has the standard indicator bulbs and relay.

Thanks

A table of the British "standard" wiring colours can help when you're trying to identify what's what, especially with the new style of factory diagram. I like the AES version.

Jonathan