Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Price of a rear wing......

Mr Locust

Armourfend would not have stopped this!!!!

SVA Thurs...

Register Fri........

Stick plates on Fri evening........

First 'legal' Blat and something clattered up under the o/s rear wing in the pitch dark and knocked a bloody great lump out of the return edge of the fibre glass and part way up the side. 🙆🏻

So the question is; For an economic repair is it going to be a new wing or repair this one?

It is painted so that would require attention either way.

That's really tough ☹️ I would be interested to, as I have quite a few small 'dings' on the edge of the rear arches. Does anyone know the best way to clean up and fill the edges prior to repainting 🤔. The damage is too small for the usual fibreglass/resin approach, but would an ordinary body filler do the trick 🤔

Terry

Trying to get out of the garage

Body filler will repair small dings perfectly. Key the damaged area (ie scratch it up a bit to give a good surface to stick to) then repair it with a little blob of std. body filler. File/sand it flat, finishing with 500 grit paper or finer, being careful not to damage the good area around the repair unless you want to repair the full panel. Then touch it up as normal, or spray if nec.

Missing corners are more advanced, involving a repair with fibreglass mat or cloth. That's a real 🙆🏻. My OSR wing too is dinged, and I need a new one. I'm going to replace it wholesale as it has a few cracks anyway as a result of the previous owner using it to sit on. It also seems to be fixed with a few bits of old string, so a proper nut and bolt repair will go down well.