Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1.6 k series misfire P0313 and lambda sensor codes P0130 and P0135

Hello everyone was coming back from the fish and chip run on Sunday and the ignition warning light came on (got towed home). Scanned the OBD2 port and had the errors of P0313 (mis-fire detected low fuel level) and P0130 and P0135 (circuit malfunction of the oxygen sensor). 

The car has no lambda sensors that I can find on the exhaust (will they be anywhere else?) on the manifold it is blanked out. Anyone know how the car is working if it doesn't have this sensor (it also never has).

In terms in P0313 I've got half a tank of fuel in it and haven't noticed any misfires. Is it possible this is from the fuel E10 instead of E5? Or maybe fuel pump/ rail related. If anyone has experienced this before/ give any tips for starting the diagnosis this will be helpful. 

Thanks in advance 

Josh

Also for context the car was recommissioned last year after sitting for 8 years. So maybe it's just old

And it ran smoothly throughout this? Or did it cut out?

i'd start with the battery as you're going to be relying on that for the rest of the diagnosis.

If it's the appropriate type check the fluid levels and top-up if needed.

What's the battery voltage:
• At rest
• Minimum during cranking 
• At 3,000 rpm?

Jonathan

I would hope not, but my Users guide for the Rover K-series is very specific in that, if it's a Supersport it requires >=98RON and not lower.  I've never seen E10 that is higher than 95.  E5 only at the higher RON IME.  It suggests all engines other than a BDR or a Rover Supersport can run on 95.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, JP said:

I would hope not, but my Users guide for the Rover K-series is very specific in that, if it's a Supersport it requires >=98RON and not lower.  I've never seen E10 that is higher than 95.  E5 only at the higher RON IME.  It suggests all engines other than a BDR or a Rover Supersport can run on 95.

Where is this & is it certain (ie not Caterham just claiming this for marketing)? I've got a k series roadsport that was upgraded to supersport by Caterham for a previous owner & then someone had it remapped by kmaps. I've not seen this so have been buying 95Ron (only 1.5 tank fulls so far). As I've still got a tank full i'd rather not put it to the lawnmower as it will take years to get through it.

(edited to add) googling on here seems to suggest Caterham recommended it for track days but normal driving was ok on 95RON.

Edited by Miker7

If the engine is mapped on say 97 RON, the ignition may have greater advance compared to say 95.

If you don't then use 97 the engine may suffer from pinking (detonation) on acceleration.

• Like 1