Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Post Build Check - results are in.

Ainsley

This is some great info, didn't know getting the dealer to do the paperwork speeds up the registration which is great as the time people have referenced for V5 return is not great. I already have the plate thats going on the car so hopefully a simple process.

I did intend on taking the car to the IVA myself but the want of getting the car on the road is starting to outweighing my want to do this myself now and the registration part above makes this even better 🙂

If the next couple of weeks goto plan I'm hoping to book the PBC and IVA for mid July 🤞

Also if you take the car to the IVA yourself you will need to sort out a temporary steering wheel so it can pass.  You wont have to bother about bedding in the brakes, double checking for those daft IVA bolt covers and a whole load of other minor things that wont be used once you drive away.

The dealer will have all that sorted and since they take several cars to the IVA, they probably have a relationship with the bloke doing the test.

• Like 1

• Area Representative
Posted (edited)

There is a certain pride in building a car, having the PBC to be told all OK then presenting for the IVA yourself & watching as it sail through. And at Gillingham ! The only downer was the 'air bag' steering wheel which I had to swop for the MOMO & get the assembly back to Dartford.

Even better driving home without any number plates.

I must admit registration took a couple of weeks after popping into the DVLA office in Oxford where they had never gone through the process of registering a vehicle post IVA ! But that was 2013. Now, even with 'technology' things seem to take longer.

Edited by Geoff Brown

In 2008, I had to present the car, plus IVA/MAC certificate etc etc, at the the local DVLA office so that they could verify the VIN etc. 

I believe DVLA no longer require this (unnecessary, IMO) check.

JV

Definitely smart to get the dealer to present it but I do have a satisfied selfie from when I beat the beauracrats and passed!!! You chaps will love it when you get the car out on the road and start asking questions like, shall I take some nurofen before going out or wait until I get back 🙂

IMG_4789copy.thumb.jpg.4d8eccf0ecd74ea25e185ce9ec957390.jpg

• Like 3

Love the Cheesy grin 🙂

I think I will have to do one at Caterham Silverstone this Friday as they seem to have a whole picture book of grinning customers picking up their cars on their social media feed.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ainsley said:

Love the Cheesy grin 🙂

I think I will have to do one at Caterham Silverstone this Friday as they seem to have a whole picture book of grinning customers picking up their cars on their social media feed.

Oh yes... 

I'm looking forward to seeing you on the Instagram page under @lcs_thegrin (#TheGRIN) !! They will even do the whole unveiling from a cover for you too!

Edited by Brownmonster
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Ainsley said:

How about jumping in the air while waving the result, as with A levels? Skirts could be optional.

: - )

Jonathan