Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K series 1.6 light weight flywheel, which is the go to version to buy

jody391

I fitted a TTV to my 1.6k and at the time was £300 including delivery. 

Straightforward job to do yourself. Once the engine is out if you’re anything like me, you’ll be cleaning and changing other parts too whilst it’s easy. The difference was 7000g vs 3083g for the TTV.  It was much more enjoyable to drive and loved to rev.
I refitted the standard clutch as it still looked new but it did need some different size bolts for that. 
Worth taking the engine out just for this upgrade. 

22daz

TTV. Great family company. brilliant product. I have dealt with them for years.

I have sold their products worldwide.

Used them personally in all my own fast road and race cars.

Make their own clutches and hydraulic slave cylinders now too. 

I have fitted a TTV lightweight flywheel to my 1.6 K over the winter, along with ARP flywheel bolts and paddle clutch. 

looking forward to assessing the difference in a couple of weeks time once it’s back on the road. 

IMG_7674.jpeg

Another vote for TTV , fitted to my 1.8 by Rob at Ratrace last year and weighed at 3.18kg (I love his precision) big difference in the feel of the engine and its ability to spin up/ respond

a2393eae-447f-40ea-8ceb-522a41df8ed4.jpeg

The vhpd lightweight flywheel was in the region of 3.7kg. The r500 was a little lighter, possibly 3.3kg. This is from a few scribbled notes from years ago but if the ttv one is in that ballpark it’ll be similar to one of those. QED do one at 3.2kg. Much lighter and it’ll have no idle strength and stall a fair bit I expect. 

Edited by simon_h

17 hours ago, Sandpiper said:

SLR  gurus does anyone know much the stock flywheel weighs on the VHPD?  Which TTV product would be an improvement.?

Cheers.

My TTV (pictured above) weighed 3.14 kg on my digital scales - and the one in the post below mine shows 3.18 kg, so I'd say that's a pretty accurate measure of what they weigh.