Click here if you are having website access problems ×

SPA Mirror hardware & Blinky Brake

PlastererPete

Afternoon all,

Couple of questions:-

1) Does anyone know the thread of the SPA GP1 mirrors? Currently refurbing mine and want to replace the screws at the top that fix it to the stanchion.

2) Has anyone fitted one of those “Blinky” brake light things? Being in a car thats lower to the ground I was thinking of fitting one to just the rollbar brake light but not sure if I should bother. 

Cheers All.

24 minutes ago, PlastererPete said:

2) Has anyone fitted one of those “Blinky” brake light things? Being in a car thats lower to the ground I was thinking of fitting one to just the rollbar brake light but not sure if I should bother. 

Discussion from 2007:

That includes the regulations for road use... they might have changed.

There's also a discussion somewhere of using race rear lights as road brake lights... found it but nothing of interest.

But did find this is on inertial activation:

Jonathan

PS: The rear light on my bike can be set to flash when decelerating... but there's neither a brake switch nor an accelerometer!

Edited by Jonathan Kay

Thanks Jonathan. I did see a system that can be fitted to bike rear lights that has an integral accelerometer which does the deceleration blink but its far more than I would want to spend on something like that for a car. Its only a fleeting thought and thought I would ask fellow members if they had them etc.