Click here if you are having website access problems ×

CC Engine builds Q

Iamscotticus

Hello

I have a Sprint Spec 1600 Crossflow (engine olny) I bought used.  Its an AX block but I don't know when it was built for CC.  I understand early Sprints had A2 cams and later had GT cams.  My 1996 build manual states the spec then was GT cam in 1996, but I suspect the engine may be older.

Does the CC historian have build numbers to ID my engine?

Otherwise I may have to pull the timing apart to see the cam stamp.

Another question is why would CC downgrade to a GT?  Is it a downgrade?  Were the A2 durations too long to play nice?

Edited by Iamscotticus

• Leadership Team

If you contact the CC Archivist - Martin Phipps and give him your chassis number, he will be able to tell you the complete breakdown of what was originally supplied by the factory to the original owner. If I recall it will tell you the spec of the engine  e.g. on mine it says '1700 Ford Crossflow Supersprint engine'. It will not show the components within said engine, but the original record will get you started.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Midas said:

If you contact the CC Archivist - Martin Phipps and give him your chassis number, 

Thanks,

Apologies,  my OP was not clear.  Now edited.

My lump was purchased separately from a gent who took it out of another Cat.  It could be years older or newer than my chassis build.  I bought the chassis in 2006.

The head stamp is SAMCOR RAK1192

Edited by Iamscotticus