Click here if you are having website access problems ×

BJ Minno bulb list

Boombang

I am hoping someone would be able to help with a list of incandescent bulbs for a Brian James Minno please?

My trailer is fitted with LEDs and they aren't playing nicely with factory fitted towbar electrics.

Unfortunately the trailer is currently blocked in a small distance away so I can't go and look.  Ideally I want to buy a full bulb set, get the trailer out, get them swapped, and be able to use it again!

After a clamber upside down at the back of a unit I've managed to have a better look - it turns out it's not just LED bulbs but sealed LED units, which appear faulty.

Time to get whole new units.

Edited by Boombang

You don't need to swap the LED units just add resistors into the trailer wiring to mimic the effect that an incandescent bulb has. The reason its nots playing with the tow car is that the LED units have minimal resistance compared to a filament bulb and thus the auto check system (and the flasher relay/controller) on the tow car is not seeing the resistance it is expecting.

Reverting back to filament bulbs increases maintenance as damp gets into the contacts/bulb holders and they will need a yearly inspection for signs of corrosion.

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/02/2024 at 20:24, raw said:

You don't need to swap the LED units just add resistors into the trailer wiring to mimic the effect that an incandescent bulb has. The reason its nots playing with the tow car is that the LED units have minimal resistance compared to a filament bulb and thus the auto check system (and the flasher relay/controller) on the tow car is not seeing the resistance it is expecting.

Reverting back to filament bulbs increases maintenance as damp gets into the contacts/bulb holders and they will need a yearly inspection for signs of corrosion.

It actually does/did have ballast resistors fitted.  The units have water ingress and the wiring poor, on top of the wiring being corroded.

I'm in the process of rewiring it.