Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Rollbar Cover

Stu Smith

I’m finding the half hood is rubbing on the Rollbar and taking the paint off especially on the bends. I have used some carbon effect tape on the upper straight section which looks quite good. It’s impossible to get the tape to sit right on both the curved sections though.

Does anyone know of any Rollbar covers that would fit round the curved section or the full top section? I’m not keen on the head protection foam type.

I bought this:-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275712794779?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=x0rk_uAMRSq&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=m7NV-5oRR3q&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

to go around my roll bar in an attempt to make a draft excluder. Fits the roll bar perfectly but doesnt allow for any room to stick/sew the airtex mesh to. It can be cut easily and various notches cut out to allow for cables, but in your case maybe to get it to fit around the corners. Its removable so if it wears just cut another length. 

Edited by PlastererPete

20 minutes ago, PlastererPete said:

I bought this:-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275712794779?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=x0rk_uAMRSq&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=m7NV-5oRR3q&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

to go around my roll bar in an attempt to make a draft excluder. Fits the roll bar perfectly but doesnt allow for any room to stick/sew the airtex mesh to. It can be cut easily and various notches cut out to allow for cables, but in your case maybe to get it to fit around the corners. Its removable so if it wears just cut another length. 

Brilliant thanks. That will work just fine, I can remove it when the hood is removed..

6 hours ago, David JLM said:

Not from personal experience, but in researching half-hoods, I read that some people stuck felt material on the underside of the hood, rather than putting something on the roll-bar. 

Felt - that's what I used. Fixed to underside of hood with double sided tape.