Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1.6 K SS (EU2) Ignition parts query

JP

I guess that it's time for the 25 year service and that I should finally replace the distributor cap etc.  Could anyone point me in the right direction for the correct parts as there is very little on the Caterham site.

Dizzy cap: Is this correct?

Rotor Arm: Is this correct?

HT leads: Is one of these correct for a 1.6 supersport?  If so which one?

Grateful for any guidance.

I get the distributor cap and rotor arm parts from Rimmer Bros (Rover parts warehouse) who have a good stock for my 1992 1400 Supersport (ECU2)

Re leads, I upgraded mine to Magnecor some time a go and can recommend, although can't remember where I got them from - I think direct from Magnecor although that was circa 4 years ago

Thank you. 

I went for the Lucas DKB406 HT lead set in the end.  That was because DMGRS could not find a set with a long enough king lead - it seems that there may be a range of coil mounting positions.

The Lucas plug leads are fine, but fatter than the originals.  The king lead with set was long enough, but the boot was the short wide type, which floated in the breeze when fitting.  It also meant that the connector was not seated securely and so I've reused the old king lead for now...