Click here if you are having website access problems ×

2001 1.8 K series S3

Labergorce

A very sad day that I'm putting my Caterham up for sale. Cost of living crises plus not using it enough means it has to go.

It's a 2001 K series, originally a 1.6 Academy car but converted to Supersport spec after it's single race season with LSD and Apollo tank.

I have owned the car for 10 years and 6 years ago put a 1.8k series engine in and upgraded the induction to the R500 magnesium roller barrels with an Emerald K6 ECU.

Other spec as follows:

Tillet seats

6 point drivers harness, 4 point passenger

Carbon fibre dash

Momo quick release steering wheel, I also have a smaller suede racing wheel

Chassis is in excellent condition never driven on a salty road - or really in the winter.

13" Anthracite wheels 6" fronts, 8" rears, also have a second set of (i think) superlight wheels

heat wrapped 4-1 exhaust with new (williams automobiles) repackable silencer

Switchable oil/water temperature gauge. Heater

De-dion rear axle with LSD.

23,000 miles showing on the clock but new engine, from another 7 has done around 10,000

FIA roll bar

I think that's the main spec. Now the not so good parts....

The car is starting to show it's age and body work is in need of some TLC, nothing major just a few minor cuts and bruises! It also needs a new solenoid as sometimes doesn't fire first time and lastly the speedo doesn't work. I'm told it needs a new gear wheel but requires opening the gearbox. I'd planned to do it next time the gearbox was worked on but that hasn't been necessary yet. It's not an MOT fail and has passed the last 2 years without a working speedo.

£14,000

The car drives immaculately but could do with some care and attention to bring it back to full glory and I have priced it accordingly for someone who wants to put the effort in or wants a cheaper perfectly good Caterham. The engine is a bit special with the R500 K series induction which you just can't get anymore. It's not overtuned and makes about 170/180 BHP.

Any questions PM me, I can take more photos of anything requested.

thanks

Mark

IMG_4338a.jpg

IMG_4339a.jpg

IMG_4340a.jpg

IMG_4341a.jpg

IMG_4342a.jpg

Edited by Labergorce

• 1 month later...