Click here if you are having website access problems ×

spc box mods

VX DAVE

I think a drain plug is well worth the cost

'Can you hear me running' ......... OH YES and its music to my ears 😬 😬 😬

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.

Thought the same myself at first. However, changing gear oil is really not required . The one advantage is that the oil can be drained before you remove the engine , rather than while so doing. The drawback is the oil can drain at awkward times i.e. when going,unless you lockwire the plug.

In balance, unless a frequent fiddler and remover of engine, suggest leave alone.

I would pay the extra and get the ali box if buying mine again.

I like the semi heli box. It is ok on the road noise wise. Nice ratio's and so far proven to be very reliable on my VX. You can't hurry it too much I find I need to give it a little time on the change ups esp between 3rd and 4th but it is up to the track work I make it do.

My racing pics, 7 DIY, race prep. Updated often here

Photo's of the year here

Hants (North) and Berkshire Area club site here

Hi VX

Well I use Mobile 1 gear oil. I did not have a drain plug fitted actually I think they forgot it.

I gather Asklepios that you lost your so a wire tie but be a good idea *thumbup*

I have no complaints but it might have been nice to compare with others. I have not bother but would have done if I had a drain plug.

Alli lids another must and as others said a alli box but its a few bob.

'Can you hear me running' ......... OH YES and its music to my ears 😬 😬 😬

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.

Edited by - bilbo on 10 Apr 2003 19:22:39