Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Tech guide for hose clamps please?

anthonym

I am currently way down deep in this rabbit hole and it's very complicated, while everyone seems to instinctively know which clamps to get - and my car is 100% Jubilee clips from one end to the other.

I like the idea of the constant pressure ones so my hoses don't end up crushed - esp those ones without a screw (worm drive) like used in mainstream tintop by manufacturers

Clearly the hose has to be disconnected to fit these.

image.thumb.png.72b63650dc455f792ccfc78ed7d78d91.pngimage.png.20c535a16b36f4d998a28896a07a954f.pngimage.thumb.png.098b4d281e76416d97519b316bf587ac.png

Requires the special tool to use them of course.

Anthony

image.png

Edited by anthonym
typo

Hose clamps are indeed a deep rabbit hole.  There are some good publications out there if you look, but you can definitely overthink it and go overboard.

I've got a copy of Carrol Smith's "Nuts, Bolts, Fasteners and Plumbing Handbook" which is a really great resource if you can find a copy somewhere.  

Those extended hose clamp pliers are very interesting, I've got some motorcycles that they would be very handy for.

Edited by mikestifel

Anthony, good luck, I was going to replace all mine like for like, and then all the bolts for no other reason than they would be shiny!!

Rob at Ratrace replaced every jubilee clip when I upgraded the engine last month so that saved me joining you in the rabbit hole. 

A list of bolts and jubilee clips would be handy in the technical section ( and a help group for Upgraditis)

• Thanks 1