Click here if you are having website access problems ×

FORScan scanning tool for Fords etc

John Vine

Does anyone have knowledge of FORScan, the software tool for Fords (and some other marques)?

Amongst other things, it seems it can be used to configure factory settings.  Specifically, I'm keen to know whether it would be capable of altering the setting for parking sensors on a 2023 Focus.  This alert is permanently set to ON, which is driving Mrs V round the bend.

Naturally, I'll be raising this with the dealer, but I'd like to be forearmed (If not forewarned).

JV

I use Forscan for my Transit. Both the desktop and “lite” app versions. The app only has basic functions but is exactly what you need for code reading and diag work. The desktop version has all the bells and whistles (get the extended license by resgistering) and does various coding and changes of options. Great tool when accompanied with a decent reader (I use the OBD Link MX+). 
I would suggest having a read of the Forscan forum for any pointers of the specific item you want to change as it may not be in the section of the BCM/PCM you think. 

Thank you P-P! 

I don't plan to interfere in the electronics at the moment as the car's under warranty, but I'm very keen to find out what's possible.  I'll browse the forum as you suggest.

What I'm hoping to achieve is to turn off the beeps emanating from the proximity (?) sensors -- the ones that beep when you get close to other objects (walls, say).  My Mondeo had a button that turned off these beeps.  The Focus doesn't have such a button, nor indeed any user option via the SYNC display.

Btw, do Ford main dealers use FORScan or will they have their own scan tools?  

JV

Fords use there own proprietary “Ford IDS” you can get dodgy copies from various outlets but I prefer to use Forscan. 
I haven’t got any experience of newer fords and the inbuilt systems. Knowing Ford, they will probably have an option to disable the sensors completely but probably not just the beeps 🙄

Edited by PlastererPete